Monday, June 3, 2013

My Weekend Trek

My weekend Trek to Deliver Thing 1 and Thing 2 to Grandma's house for two weeks went smoothly. Well smooth enough.

Kids last day was a 1/2 day so I picked them up at 12:30 and made it out the door by 12:35 an amazing feat. But M.I.L. couldn't make it to get Thing 3. So I trekked back to the house to drop of Thing 3 with the M.I.L. So I finally got on the road a little before 2. This is followed by the phone call from Agitated Wife because the kids didn't tell her goodbye. Now this is my fault because I was hurrying them out of the house so I could get back to meet the alarm guy who couldn't make it on time the day before and couldn't understand that no I was not going to wait until 2 for him to get there and miss Thing 1's 4th grade play. Supervisor called and scheduled a different tech first thing for me with a discounted rate because his guy was upset that I did not use polite and courteous language.

Anyway, The wife blamed me because she sat in the char this morning and did not get up to tell them goodbye so I was supposed to add another 30-40 minute delay to getting on the road so she could say bye.

Smooth trip all the way to Baton Rouge with one stop for dinner at that chicken sandwich place that is closed on Sundays.

Just outside of Baton Rouge traffic came to a screeching halt and I witnessed 3 of 4 cars pulling off the road with drivers and passengers running up the median. Apparently a motorcycle took the dirt path and they were running to his aid. Several people were tending to him and 1 on her cell summoning assistance. No less that 10 cars had already stopped by the time I could see what actually happened.

The rest of the weekend was uneventful. Made it home yesterday encountering only a little rain in Louisiana before I hit the open road stretch.

1 comment:

  1. Teke, that post just makes me smile. It brings back memories that I now find I'm fond of, but don't wish to relive. :-)

    ReplyDelete