Thursday, April 25, 2013

Little League

I gotta brag on Only Son.

He is playing his first season of competitive ball this year. Last year he played church league.

He started out the season with an awkward motion that he called a swing and ducking when the ball came his way, he's always had a thing about being hit. His first 2 regular season games he struck out. In his third game he put his first ball in play and followed it up with a Double and an RBI. Since then he has been making solid contact with the ball. Still mixed results for getting on base. Usually a singe. Working on running and fielding as he has to work on lengthening his stride. But I couldn't be prouder and he is having a blast.

As for his team they are a great group of kids who cheer each other on and support each other through their highs and lows. The last 3 games we have had maybe 1 strike out each game. It's fun to watch these boys play. Right now the sit 9-1 for the season with their last regular season a little over a week out. I can't wait to watch these boys in the playoffs.

What all of this means for me is that I will have competing priorities next weekend. I was wanting to spend as much time as I could down at the G.R.B. next weekend but with practice and game I have Dad duties that will contend. Not sure how the boy would do with me dragging him around down there then off to a practice.

But if you see a red headed kid wearing a navy blue Bulls baseball uniform with orange writing and grey pants at the convention he's with me.

1 comment:

  1. Belle and I will keep an eye out for you at the convention. I've met bloggers from half way across the country. You're a stones throw away, and I've yet to make your acquaintance.
    Oh, and good on you Teke. The time you devote to the little ones is going to have a profound effect on the rest of their life, their whole life.

    ReplyDelete